Opportunities For Exhibitors
There are many ways that exhibitors can interact with attendees before, during and after the ALA Virtual Event in June. The easiest way to gain visibility before the event is to complete your complimentary listing in the exhibitor list. Similar to the list in the live event, this will be available through the Online Scheduler and Conference Mobile App.
Online Scheduler / Mobile App
The developers of the Expo Harvester, Online Scheduler and Mobile App platforms have been working hard to implement some exciting upgrades for the ALA Virtual Event exhibit booths. We hope to launch the tasks for these items in the Expo Harvester in early June, and we appreciate your patience while the developers finish their testing in preparation to launch the new opportunities.
We will send an email to exhibitors once the new tasks are available in the Expo Harvester.
Here's what you can expect:
1. Basic Exhibitor Listing
All participating companies will have a listing in the Online Scheduler / Conference Mobile App Exhibitor List. Companies can now add social media links and update their company contact information. This is done under the “Update Your Company Details” task when logged in to the Expo Harvester.
If you haven't already done so, we strongly encourage exhibitors to load their company logo in the Expo Harvester.
For questions on working in the Expo Harvester, contact Penny McQuality, [email protected].
2. Complimentary Upgrades
- “Swag-a-palooza” –Librarians love swag! This is your spot to offer giveaways, e-galleys, special promotions, have drawings or contests, etc. The “Swag-a-palooza” button on your listing will link to a webpage developed by your company. Get creative on giveaways and promotions to offer to ALA Virtual Event attendees.
- “Connect with Attendees” – this adds a "Request Information" button to your listing, which will generate an email back to your company so you can collect leads and connect with attendees interested in your products and services. Also includes a "Like" button so you can see which attendees liked your booth. (Value: 10 credits)
3. Upgraded Listing Opportunities
Companies will be able to add additional features to their listing. These include:
- PDF file upload – cost: 1 credit, upload a PDF document to share with attendees in your booth profile.
- Video file upload – cost: 3 credits, upload a video file for viewing within your booth profile. Specs: mp4 file, no larger than 200 mb.
- Banner ad – cost: 4 credits, make your booth listing more noticeable – attendees will see a banner across the top edge of your virtual booth.
- Video chat capability – cost: 6 credits, your staff will be able to video chat with attendees in a 2-person chat. Engagement data reports will be available.
The above items are purchased with credits* that are allocated to you in the Expo Harvester. Each exhibiting company automatically receives two credits. Additional credits can be purchased for $100 per credit directly in the Expo Harvester. You will see a task to purchase credits when you log in to the Expo Harvester.
* All credits are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged from complimentary items. All purchased credits are non-refundable.
Sponsors can contact Paul Graller with questions on their sponsor benefits.
We will send out an email to all exhibitors once the new booth upgrade tasks are available, including examples and instructions for each opportunity.
Exhibitors are encouraged to utilize the graphics in the Marketing Toolkit to promote their participation in the ALA Virtual Event.
Reach out directly to attendees to make sure they’re scheduling time with you in the Virtual Exhibit Hall.
ALA is offering the following options to you to reach attendees:
Attendee List Rental
Target buyers by industry segment, demographic profile or geographic area. List counts can be modified to meet your budget requirements. TrafficMax online attendee list rental and marketing system allows you to reach qualified buyers for your products and services through attendee list rental or broadcast email service. List rental is of 2020 Annual Conference attendees. List rental and broadcast email service is available through the Exhibitor Registration site.
Note on Unauthorized list rental
In the past, some ALA exhibitors received communications from companies soliciting ALA attendee lists. Please note that these companies have no affiliation with ALA, and we cannot recommend purchasing a list through them. ALA's official list rental is provided through CompuSystems Lead Management. For more information, call 866/600-5323, or email CompuSystems at [email protected].
Market your publications and services with ALA Mailing Lists. ALA offers Membership Lists that include Personal and Organizational Members active in special interest Divisions, Sections and Round Tables. ALA Membership Lists also include foreign and Canadian addresses. Click here for additional information on ordering an ALA Membership List.
The Diverse Title Showcase will live online before, during, and after the event and allow exhibitors to enter their books in a searchable database. These titles will then be displayed in the online showcase for attendees to review and connect with the publisher.
Submit this form to have your titles included. Limit of 5 submissions per Imprint/Division. (Submission deadline: June 25.) Note: must be current exhibitor to participate
Questions? Contact Us
Contact us at [email protected] with any questions about your participation in ALA Virtual.