Opportunities For Exhibitors
There are many ways that exhibitors can interact with attendees before, during and after the ALA Virtual Event in June. The easiest way to gain visibility before the event is to complete your complimentary listing in the exhibitor list. Similar to the list in the live event, this will be available through the Online Scheduler and Conference Mobile App.
Online Scheduler / Mobile App
The Online Scheduler is live. Please visit the “Exhibitor List" page to review your company listing.
The developers of the Expo Harvester, Online Scheduler and Mobile App platforms have been working hard to implement some exciting upgrades for the ALA Virtual Event exhibit booths.
Here's what you can expect:
1. Basic Exhibitor Listing
All participating companies will have a listing in the Online Scheduler / Conference Mobile App Exhibitor List. Companies can now add social media links and update their company contact information. This is done under the “Update Your Company Details” task when logged in to the Expo Harvester.
If you haven't already done so, we strongly encourage exhibitors to load their company logo in the Expo Harvester.
For questions on working in the Expo Harvester, contact Penny McQuality, [email protected].
2. Automatic Upgrade
- “Connect with Attendees” – this adds a "Request Information" button to your listing, which will generate an email back to your company so you can collect leads and connect with attendees interested in your products and services. Note: this email will automatically go to the main booth contact in the Expo Harvester database. The main booth contact can distributed Request Information leads internally as needed. Also includes a "Like" button so you can see which attendees liked your booth. (Value: 10 credits) These buttons will automatically appear on your listing in the Online Scheduler / Conference Mobile App Exhibitor List. No task is needed for this feature.
3. Complimentary Upgrades (Deadline: June 22)
- “Swag-a-palooza” –Librarians love swag! This is your spot to offer giveaways, e-galleys, special promotions, have drawings or contests, etc. The “Swag-a-palooza” button on your listing will link to a webpage developed by your company. Get creative on giveaways and promotions to offer to ALA Virtual Event attendees.
4. Upgraded Listing Opportunities (Deadline: June 22)
Companies will be able to add additional features to their listing. These include:
- PDF file upload – cost: 1 credit, upload a PDF document to share with attendees in your booth profile. (limit: 2)
- Video file upload – cost: 3 credits, upload a video file for viewing within your booth profile. Specs: mp4 file, no larger than 200 mb. (limit: 1)
- Banner ad – cost: 4 credits, make your booth listing more noticeable – attendees will see a banner across the top edge of your virtual booth. size: 1920 px x 125 px (limit: 1)
- Video chat capability / Sales Team Members– cost: 6 credits, your staff will be able to video chat with attendees. 4 staff can be listed for video chat capabilities. See this link for Video Chat instructions.
The above items are purchased with credits* that are allocated to you in the Expo Harvester. Each exhibiting company automatically receives two credits. Additional credits can be purchased for $100 per credit directly in the Expo Harvester. You will see a task to purchase credits when you log in to the Expo Harvester.
* All credits are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged from complimentary items. All purchased credits are non-refundable.
Sponsors can contact Paul Graller with questions on their sponsor benefits.
Expo Harvester (where exhibitors set up their Virtual Exhibit - login required)
Online Scheduler (main Virtual Event platform)
Exhibitor Video Chat Instructions (exhibitors must add the Video Chat Upgrade to utilize Video Chat - cost: 6 credits)
Attendee Instructions on How to Video Chat with Exhibitors
Expo Harvester Lead Retrieval Reporting: Each ALA Virtual Exhibitor can access the "Lead Retrieval Report" feature from their Expo Harvester dashboard. After ALA Virtual, you can access data on the following:
- Booth Impressions - reports on Total Clicks, Total Requests (from the "Request Information" button on your online virtual booth), Booth Views, Asset Views.
- Attendee Summary Report - detailed Excel report on who viewed your booth, assets, and requested information.
- Note: this data is only reported on attendees who have "opted in" to share their contact information. Will not include attendees who have "opted out".
- Information Requests Report - detailed Excel report on who submitted the "Request Information" button on your virtual listing.
Please see an example of these reports.(Excel file)
In addition to the excel reports, the Virtual Booth Data screen gives you access to the interaction of each attendee. (Again, the attendee has to have "opted in" to share their contact information.) Click on an attendee's name, and then "Attendee Profile", and "Booth Engagement".
Accessing the Virtual Event: if you registered for the Virtual Event, please login to the Online Scheduler, or download the Mobile App. Note: Video Chat is only available in the Online Scheduler.
All registered exhibitors should log in (top right corner of the event homepage) using their Access Key. Access Keys were sent out to all registered exhibitors.
If you do not have your Access Key, click "Forgot Access Key?" from the Login Screen.
If you have not yet logged in to the event, you may have to follow these steps to access:
- Choose "Sign Up" from login screen.
- Use code ALA2020 to complete sign up.
- If you continue to experience issues, please contact [email protected] or 410.638.9239.
Are you hosting your own virtual special event during ALA Virtual? Exhibitor events can be added to the ALA Online Scheduler and Mobile App.
Please complete this Google form by June 19 to be included. (Form will close after June 19.)
Submit one form for each day/time/event.
Note: Exhibitor Events cannot conflict with scheduled ALA programming, and must be held in the morning - ending by 10:00am Central, or in the evening - starting at 5:00pm Central or later. Event days are June 24 - 26, 2020.
Exhibitors are encouraged to utilize the graphics in the Marketing Toolkit to promote their participation in the ALA Virtual Event.
Attendee List Rental
Reach out directly to attendees to make sure they’re scheduling time with you in the Virtual Exhibit Hall.
ALA is offering the following options to you to reach attendees:
Attendee List Rental
Target buyers by industry segment, demographic profile or geographic area. List counts can be modified to meet your budget requirements. TrafficMax online attendee list rental and marketing system allows you to reach qualified buyers for your products and services through attendee list rental or broadcast email service. List rental is of 2020 Annual Conference attendees. List rental and broadcast email service is available through the Exhibitor Registration site.
Note on Unauthorized list rental
In the past, some ALA exhibitors received communications from companies soliciting ALA attendee lists. Please note that these companies have no affiliation with ALA, and we cannot recommend purchasing a list through them. ALA's official list rental is provided through CompuSystems Lead Management. For more information, call 866/600-5323, or email CompuSystems at [email protected].
Market your publications and services with ALA Mailing Lists. ALA offers Membership Lists that include Personal and Organizational Members active in special interest Divisions, Sections and Round Tables. ALA Membership Lists also include foreign and Canadian addresses. Click here for additional information on ordering an ALA Membership List.
Diverse Title Showcase - free to participate
The Diverse Title Showcase will live online before, during, and after the event and allow exhibitors to enter their books in a searchable database. These titles will then be displayed in the online showcase for attendees to review and connect with the publisher.
Submit this form to have your titles included. Limit of 5 submissions per Imprint/Division. (Submission deadline: June 25.) Note: must be current exhibitor to participate
Questions? Contact Us
Contact us at [email protected] with any questions about your participation in ALA Virtual.